Highest Prices Paid For All Diamond Jewelry
Certified & Non-Certified
All cuts, carat sizes, clarity & colors
Diamond Questions & Answers
The 4C's of Diamond Appraising
Understanding Your Diamond’s Cut
- Excellent Cut: Diamonds provide the highest level of sparkleand brilliance.
Almost all of the incoming light is reflected through the table, the diamond radiates with magnificent sparkle.
- Very Good Cut: Diamonds offer exceptional brilliance and sparkle. A majority of the entering light reflects through the diamond’s table. To the naked eye, Very Good cut diamonds provide similar sparkle to those of Excellent grade.
- Good Cut: Diamonds showcase sparkle and brilliance, with much of the light reflecting through the table. These diamonds provide beauty at a lower price point & can be seen to the viewer’s eye.
- Fair Cut: Diamonds offer little brilliance while the light easily stands out through the bottom and sides of the diamond. These diamonds are a great choice for smaller carats and accent stones.
- Poor Cut: Diamonds yield nearly no sparkle or brilliance. The light escapes from the sides and bottom of the diamond.
Understanding Diamond Colors
- Diamonds with less color are more rare and valuable.
- Only about 5,000 of the polished diamonds produced each year weighing of carat 1/2 or more are colorless.
- Most of the diamonds sold are grades G to L.
For fancy diamonds, the value goes up with the intensity of the color.
Understanding Your Diamond’s Clarity
FL – Flawless – no internal inclusions or external blemishes
IF – Internally flawless – no inclusions visible at 10x magnification but some minor blemishes.
VVS1 – Very, Very Slightly Included 1- inclusions extremely difficult to see at 10x magnification.
VVS2 – Very, Very Slightly Included 2 – inclusions very difficult to see at 10x magnification.
VS1 – Very Slightly Included 1 – inclusions difficult to see at 10x magnification.
VS2 – Very Slightly Included 2 – inclusions somewhat difficult to see at 10x magnification.
Si1 – Slightly Included 1 – inclusions somewhat easy to see at 10x magnification, can sometimes be seen with naked eye.
Si2 – Slightly Included 2 – inclusions very noticeable at 10x magnification, often possible to see with naked eye.
I1- Imperfect 1 – inclusions obvious with 10x magnification, and usually can be seen with naked eye.
I2- Imperfect 2 – Inclusions can be seen with naked eye and often compromises beauty or durability.
I3- Imperfect 3 – Inclusions that cause severe beauty and/or durability deficits.
Diamond Carat Sizes
Types of Diamond Shapes
The Difference Between Natural & Synthentic Stones
We only buy natural diamonds!
Made From Carbon and is the Hardest Natural Known Substance on Earth
Chemical Composition: Zirconium Dioxide
Chemical Composition: Silicon Carbide